VCAT 3 is for the experienced Vibration Analyst, who may be supervising others or making decisions on complex vibration data.
No events to show
Study at your own pace, with 4 months course access.
VCAT-3 Vibration Analysis ISO18436-3
The fee includes a printed manual, on-line invigilated exam & 5 year's certification.
- PD hours: 38
- $4,250.00 excl. GST
If you are ready to be the senior vibration analyst, with the capability of handling all the common fault conditions and leading the Category I and II analysts, then this is the course for you.
The Category III course is intended for people who are confident with spectrum analysis but who wish to push on and learn more about signal processing, time waveform and phase analysis, cross-channel testing, machine dynamics, and fault correction. If you wish to truly advance in vibration analysis and be able to run a successful condition monitoring team, then you are ready for this course.
You will learn to diagnose all of the common fault conditions with rolling element and sleeve bearing machines, utilizing spectra, high-frequency detection techniques, time waveforms, phase readings, and other techniques to diagnose faults.
You will also learn machine dynamics (natural frequencies, resonance, etc.), how to perform resonance testing, and how to correct resonance problems. The course also covers single and cross-channel measurement capabilities of your analyzer.
And after completing the CAT-III course, you will be able to set up and run a successful vibration program and mentor the junior analysts.
This course is intended for the vibration analyst who will:
• Have a minimum of 3 years of experience
• Have a senior role in the condition monitoring team
• Have others report to them to verify diagnoses
• Be responsible for the most complex fault conditions (with the possible exception of sleeve bearing, flexible rotor machines)
• Need to perform complex tests to validate fault conditions (e.g., resonance) and find a solution
• Want to be a leader of the vibration team or take a leading role in diagnosing faults and making repair recommendations
• Want to understand all data collector options, special test capabilities, all analysis tools and understand the widest range of fault conditions
• Seek to become certified to international standards (ISO-18436) by an accredited certification body
• Want to understand all condition monitoring technologies, how and when to apply them
• Want to understand machine dynamics (natural frequencies, resonance, ODS), how to perform resonance testing and how to correct resonance problems
• Use the training and certification as the next step in a rewarding career as a vibration analyst
With this video-based course, your learning occurs independently, which allows you to participate in the training at your speed and your convenience.
Exam Information: Optional certification examination is available after course completion, offered via an Invigilated Exam Process.
For more information visit: https://www.mobiusinstitute.com/independently-invigilated-certification-exam/
Anyone can do the course, however Certification Requires:
- Training course completed
- 36 months experience and ISO Category II certification, or a minimum of 60 months experience in lieu of Category II certification
- Pass exam with minimum of 70%
VCAT III enrolment cost per student:
Course Fee: $4,250
Includes Printed Study Guide (free postage within Australia), Exam and 5 year's certification.
Total with 10% GST = $4,675